Subject Leader - Tracie Roberts
Long Term Planning
At St Pius X we aim to inspire all children to reach their full potential spiritually, morally, emotionally and academically. In mathematics this means ensuring a curriculum that is fully inclusive of all children which:
• Develops children’s knowledge and understanding of mathematical concepts whilst enabling them to practice and hone skills and methods;
• Enables them to think critically and communicate their understanding;
• Gives them opportunities to apply learnt mathematical skills in different contexts across the curriculum.
• Provides opportunities to develop problem solving skills useful for maths and across the curriculum.
As a result of their learning in mathematics and problem solving across the curriculum children will:
• Be prepared for applying their skills effectively in everyday life situations, in their future learning and in the work place.
• Have the building blocks in place and to provide a solid foundation to lead onto secondary, further and higher education.