Sainsbury's School Games
The Sainsbury's School Games are a unique opportunity to motivate and inspire millions of young people across the country to take part in more competitive school sport.
The Games are made up of four levels of activity: competition in schools and between schools, at county/area level and a national event for the most talented young people in the UK:
- Intra-school Level 1 - sporting competition for all students in school through intra-school competition
- Inter-school Level 2 - individuals and teams are selected to represent their schools in local inter-school competitions
- Sainsbury's School Games Festivals Level 3 – the county/area will stage multi-sport
- Sainsbury's School Games Festivals as a culmination of year-round school sport competition
- Sainsbury's School Games National competition Level 4 - for the most talented athletes in the UK.
In Cumbria pupils have the opportunity to take part in competitions in the following sports:
- High 5 Netball,
- Quicksticks Hockey,
- Sportshall Athletics,
- Key Steps Gymnastics,
- Mini Red Tennis and
There are also Inclusive opportunities in Boccia, Pan Football, Table Tennis and Table Cricket.