Sainsbury's School Games
The Sainsbury's School Games are a unique opportunity to motivate and inspire millions of young people across the country to take part in more competitive school sport.
The Games are made up of four levels of activity: competition in schools and between schools, at county/area level and a national event for the most talented young people in the UK:
• Intra-school Level 1 - sporting competition for all students in school through intra-school competition
• Inter-school Level 2 - individuals and teams are selected to represent their schools in local inter-school competitions
• Sainsbury's School Games Festivals Level 3 – the county/area will stage multi-sport Sainsbury's School Games Festivals as a culmination of year-round school sport competition
Sainsbury's School Games National competition Level 4 - for the most talented athletes in the UK.
In Cumbria pupils have the opportunity to take part in competitions in the following sports:
High 5 netball,
Key Steps Gymnastics,
Mini Red Tennis and
There are also Inclusive opportunities in Boccia, Pan Football, Table Tennis and Table Cricket.
Change for Life
Mr Younger and Mrs Woodend now run a Change for Life Council which looks at helping to keep us active and healthy. Pupils from Year 5 are part of the council and have put together a list of their priorities.
* Establish Spirit of the Games certificates for all infant and junior pupils.
* Deliver top weekly tips on how to keep fit and healthy in the newsletter
* Give out 60 minute fitness bands to everyone!
* Run a healthy eating day
* Provide monthly eat well recipes and exercises
* Demonstrate to all years about the Change for Life council and what we do
* Video staff and other people talking about how they keep healthy - share.