Staff, from other schools in Barrow, wishing to volunteer to work at one of the School Hubs: Chetwynde, St George's (from 14.03.2020), St Pius X or Vickerstown, can complete an online form (see link below). Fortnightly rotas will be completed from the responses submitted. A new link to a new online form will be added fortnightly on a Monday morning by 9am . The deadline to complete the online form is 12 noon on the Wednesday the same week. Volunteers that are late to complete the form, but still wish to volunteer, need to contact Mr McGoldrick on 01229828406.
A new link to a new form will be available on Monday 4th May.
St Pius X rotas for the next two weeks can be found below. Rotas from the other School Hubs will be available here soon.
Please note a free packed lunch is available for all staff volunteers.
Staff volunteers must do the following before entering a School Hub:
- Arrive 15 minutes before the start of the day to allow time for an induction from the Senior Leader/s in charge of the School Hub.
- Wash or sanitise their hands on entry of the School Hub.
- Ensure they bring their own water bottle, mug and crockery to use in school.
- Have photographic ID ready to show the Senior Leader/s in charge of the School Hub, if it is their first time volunteering at the School Hub.
- Download the Proof of Working letter (see below) to show police if they are pulled over.
- Ensure their Headteacher has sent a confirmation letter to the School Hub outlining that they are suitable to volunteer.
- Ensure they are not classed as 'vulnerable' according the government's latest guidance: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-guidance-on-social-distancing-and-for-vulnerable-people/guidance-on-social-distancing-for-everyone-in-the-uk-and-protecting-older-people-and-vulnerable-adults.
- Be confident they are not showing any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 (https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/symptoms-and-what-to-do/).
- Ensure they watch the following videos from Andy Knox: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKVlkp_ZDfM&feature=youtu.be and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3tveldGWzw.
- Read the latest guidance for schools from the government: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-maintaining-educational-provision/guidance-for-schools-colleges-and-local-authorities-on-maintaining-educational-provision.
- Ensure they have read the relevant policies and documents available at: https://stpiusx.schooljotter2.com/covid-19/policies-1.
- Ensure they have read the School Hub risk assessment (paying particular attention to control measures) available at: https://stpiusx.schooljotter2.com/covid-19/health-safety
- Make themsleves familiar with the following posters: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/876221/COVID19_Guidance_Cleaning.pdf, https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/876220/COVID19_Guidance_Education.pdf
St Pius X's staff volunteers rota for weeks commencing 11.05.2020 & 18.05.2020
St George's staff volunteers rota can be found at: http://www.stgeorges.cumbria.
Vickerstown's staff volunteers rota can be found at:
Proof of Working Letter